Friday, March 28, 2014

DIY Floral Headband

On Tuesday I posted a look inspired by festival season. In the post I was wearing a floral headband which I made myself! Since the headband was so easy to create, I decided to make a tutorial showing you all how to make one. I hope you all had a great week and Good Luck!

I would love to see your own recreations of this floral headband. Post a picture with your headband, tag me in the picture and hashtag #diyfashionista.

xo alishaFASHIONISTA








What you Need:
Faux Flowers: Michaels
Gold Leather Cord: Michaels
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors

Step 1: Remove all the flowers from the stem and assort them in a pile according to the pattern you desire. (This will make it easier for you when you assemble the headband). *Make sure you leave on the green plastic piece on the flower, this is going to hold the flower and the plastic bulb together. You will be removing the green plastic in a future step. 

Step 2: Measure the cord around your head to get the precise amount needed. Remember to leave enough of the cord so it hangs down your hair after it is tied.

Step 3: Cut the cord to your desired length. Now take each individual flower and remove the green plastic stem. Make sure you hold the flower carefully after because the fabric and the plastic bulb will fall apart if you don't.


Step 4: Cut off a piece of the plastic bulb. This will help the flower to lie flat when you glue it on the cord.

Step 5: Take the cord and measure it around your head. Tie a knot around the desired spot and then remove it from your head. This will allow you to have the perfect measurement to glue the flowers around. Take each flower and hot glue the plastic bulb as well as part of the fabric flower. This will allow the flower to lie flat and prevent it from falling off the cord.

Step 6: Place each flower in a desired pattern. I alternated mine with alternating coral and white flowers. Be creative and most important have fun!

And don't forget to post your floral headbands you created on instagram with hashtag #diyfashionista and tag me in the picture! I look forward to seeing what you created!


No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!
hit counter