Monday, August 1, 2011

August Wish List

Photobucket


Photobucket


1. Rio Bravo Earrings from Jewelmint - Ever since I saw some youtubers wearing these earrings, I know I had to have them. For those of you who do not know what jewelmint is, it's an website that allows you to choose a piece of jewelry every month for a monthly subscription of $30. You take a quiz and judging from your answers, the website creates a personalized showroom of the top pieces that would be of most interest to you. You can also buy more than one piece of jewelry or see other pieces that wasn't included in your showroom. You can join Jewelmint by clicking on my invitation link here!

2. Beige Eye Glasses - I went shopping at Aldo's yesterday and I came across these beige reading glasses. I have been obsessed with the black ones I got at Urban Outfitters and have been wearing them almost everyday! I do wear glasses and have decided that I want to put my prescription in them, so tomorrow I will be making a trip to Aldo's to pic these up. The quality is very good, and the frames feel strong and sturdy enough for prescription lenses. I'll let you know how they turn out!

3. Sara Shepard Books - I've been obsessing over the Pretty Little Liars TV show and the books as well. I've read all of them so far, so when I heard a new one was coming out I was super excited! Also, since I love the PPL series so much I decided to also try reading the Lying Game. The Lying Game is also coming out with it's very own TV series as well! I can't wait! :D

4. Nude color nail polishes - I've been wearing nude color polishes all summer, but sometimes you just need a break from the loudness! I've been looking for nude color polished online, and found that Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure has a wide selection of nude colors! They have colors to compliment any skin color.

5. Metal Choker Necklace - These necklaces was all over the fall runways. From Elle Saab to Michael Kors, Metal Choker Necklaces was adorned on almost every model. These necklaces gives any outfit a sharp, edgy look. Aldo's has a great selection of these bold necklaces!

6. Patent Leather Flats - Since I've been running around the city lately going on interviews, I've discovered that I am in serious need of flats. Running in heels is not only dangerous but it could lead to embarrassing disasters! Also, every one needs a nice pair of black patent flats in my opinion. Not only are they comfortable, but they pull together your outfit (even if they are just spares for you to travel to and from work)!

7. Fall Skirts - In preparation for fall, I am obsessing over skirts with heavy fabrics, like leather and wool. They are on the top of my shopping list at the moment. I'm loving this corduroy skirt from Forever21! Styled with a pair of knee high socks and a cropped top with chunky heels would be the perfect fall outfit!

8. Peter Pan Collar Shirts/Dresses - Not only is this trend sophisticated, but it also gives your outfit a classic touch!

9. Work Clothes - What I need more than anything, and I would consider this a necessity, is an entire wardrobe of professional attire. Since I have been going on interviews, it's almost a matter of time before I land a job and with that accomplishment comes the necessity for work clothes. Although most offices do not have a strict professional clothing policy, working in the fashion industry you are expected to look the part and represent the company. So with that being said, the month of august will be dedicated to finding trendy and fashionable business appropriate clothing!

10. Booties - With fall almost around the corner, finding the perfect pair of booties is almost critical! It's never too early to start fall shopping, which I am personally super de duper excited for!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful first day of August!

xoxo alishaFASHIONISTA

8 comments:

Cari said...

yes i have also seen those earrings..think i saw them on hollyanne...i like this one necklace she was wearing in her latest video

http://caricollazo.blogspot.com

Shels415 said...

Great lists! I saw the same top on Forever21.com this morning! The black collar makes it pop out and more interesting! Need to get one!

XOXO
Shels
http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

Shels415 said...

Just read your message - Never had to put anyone's name when I did it. But you can put down my name Shella Prasnik

Christine B said...

def. agree! I started school/work clothes shopping last month lol So I just need some more essentials after seeing your great list! those booties are so great :)

Christine
www.heartmadefashion.blogspot.com

tishiannae said...

I like those earrings too! Everyone seems to have them!

Following you now =)
tishiannae.blogspot.com

Juli Photo Diary said...

Great list..
I love the necklace and boots!

www.juliphotodiary.com

Lovelyladyjb said...

OOh love #8 and #10 for sure! :)

Now following!

mashutzo writes said...

Voala..lovely Blog...

follow each other..

http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

Thanks for Visiting!
hit counter