Thursday, August 18, 2011

All Hail Mcqueen

Photobucket
What I'm Wearing: Red thrifted blazer, white Michael Kors top, black Forever21 jeans, navy blue Charlotte Russe purse and gold Michael Kors watch.
I got to visit the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the MET in NYC. It was probably one of the best experiences I've ever had! Couple years ago I had the opportunity to visit the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit in Paris, it was amazing but the McQueen exhibit was far more exciting! His dark designs and outrages theatrics on the runway made the exhibit very intriguing.

I went on the last day, so the lines were super crazy! However, it was totally worth it. Not only did I get to experience something great in Fashion History, but my night was complete upon the meeting of someone oh so profound in the fashion world. At the end of the exhibit, my BF purchased the exhibition book for me, which was a nice gesture since he did wait over 3 hours in line with me and spent almost $50 on the book! At the counter I was told that there was a book signing later on for ever one who purchased it. I was contemplating whether I wanted to wait another 2 hours to get my book signed, when I found out who was signing it. The book was being signed by the curator of the exhibit and none other than the Queen of Fashion herself, Anna Wintour! OMG, all I can say was meeting her was a nerve wrecking and thrilling experience! I was one of the first ones to meet her, so I got to have a mini convo with her which consisted of me gushing about the honorable meeting and she kindly (surprisingly) asking me me I enjoyed the exhibit. Although it lasted about a minute, it was an experience I'll never forget!

Ok, so enough blabbing! I decided to wear my cheetah print wedges which has been stuck to my feet ever since I got it! Along with a thrifted red blazer, black jeans and a white top to give the outfit some contrast. I also decided to experiment with my hairstyle by doing a side, french braid. Let me know if you guys would like me to do a tutorial on it in the comments below! Anways, enjoy the pictures!

P.S: I tried to snap some pics of the exhibit just for you guys, even though it was forbidden. I know, thank me later! :p

xoxo alishaFASHIONISTA


Photobucket

Photobucket
Pictures from the exhibit!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the jacket.It looks very unique.

www.mzprettyparis1.blogspot.com

FanceeeNanceee said...

Love the outfit and the blazer!

fanceeenanceee.blogspot.com

EVE-O-LUTION said...

Alish- u rock babes!!! loved the blazer!!! seriously- I have all blacks and gryas and I need a serious pop of color now!!! Let me go check thrift stores... heheh and I'm so liking your lipstick! which one is it?
-Bee
http://beautyandeverythingelse.com

Cari said...

all i can say is WOW

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! :D

Bee-the lipstick is Maybelline's colorsensational in red revival with Revlon's color burst lipgloss in Fire on top!

Shels415 said...

So lucky you went! Been hearing about the Alexander McQueen exhibit and can't wait to visit myself! Thanks for sharing your experience! As always, your outfit looks awesome & loving those leopard wedges!

XoXo
Shels
http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

Patrycja said...

You look so pretty ! :)

xxx P.

Thanks for Visiting!
hit counter